Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Haiku wisdom for adventuring parties on a bad day

My gaming group had an off night some months ago. Some time had passed since our last outing and, well, the group was just not playing as if they were the experienced team that they are. During the session I could only chuckle as one after another unfortunate event occurred. They did not need me to point it out to them, they knew. However I could not resist sharing with them some poetry between sessions in the wrap up. Note: this is not typical, and I had never done this before. They did not think it was as funny as I did. Go figure. Enjoy.

move silent roll fails
so much metal armor worn
next time send the rogue


patiently waiting
many hide ranks has the foe
you are now surprised

desperate player
only one chance to survive
the dice never lie

trolls are dangerous
fortunate they have weakness
I thought you had torch

items on your list
they would have been quite useful
you forgot to buy

3 comments:

  1. I don't know about anyone else, but I already find these hilarious. 8)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haiku and gaming just seem to go together for some inexplicable reason.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suppose there is some Zen reason for that. Rusty Battle Axe as you are one of the kings of RPG Haiku's I will let you lead the research of that topic. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...