Monday, November 15, 2010

Astral Projection & Divination

After playing D&D for over 30 years, today I discover there is real magic in these books.  I kid you not.  I was doing a Google search on divination and I came across a website with instructions on how to force Satan or demons (it didn't specify how you know which, perhaps that was on another page) out of a persons body.  Afterward there is a prayer, and in that prayer you must renounce a good many things (and many of those things it seems like a pretty good idea to renounce).  I did come to notice that in paragraph 7 of 10 in this rather detailed and specific prayer it says this:
I renounce heavy metal music, satanic rock and black rock, watching occult movies and all demonic role-play games, such as Dungeons and Dragons.
So, they wouldn't make you renounce that unless it could lead to, you know, the dark magic of astral projection and divination right?  I suppose since you are renouncing heavy metal music that could lead to the same dark magic, but then it would involve big hair and being hard of hearing too.

All kinds of ideas sprang into my head.  Is there really the secrets of astral projection hidden in one of my D&D books?  I wonder which edition?  (Oh, no, more fodder for the edition wars!)  What exactly is 'black rock'?  How do I know what is an occult movie as opposed to a just weird one (I wonder if they have a list?  Do they update it regularly if I subscribe to the site?)  Also I noticed they capitalized Dungeons and Dragons; they fear not combating Satan and his minions but tremble before copyright lawyers?

The more I think on this it may not be D&D which is the main tool in Satan's weaponry.  It makes me wonder about this divination spell called Google.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...